Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Tomato Soup recipe

I am a lover of Tomato Soup! I swear I could eat the stuff for every meal.

This recipe is what I use for my family, there's 7 of us, so adjust accordingly.
Ingredients:
33.5 oz Tomato Sauce
28 oz Petite Diced Tomatoes
8 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
1 T butter
1 t Garlic
1/4 White Onion
1 T Chives
1 Cap Parsley
1 Cap Oregano
1 Cap Basil

Directions:
In saucepan melt butter, add garlic and onion. Cook on low until the onion is soft. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chives, parsley, oregano, and basil. Cook on low, stirring occasionally as to not burn to bottom of pan, for 20 minutes. When the contents have cooked slowly add the cream, stirring thoroughly, and let set for a couple of minutes.

If you prefer less tomato chunks you can buy the smaller can of diced tomatoes. I love a good chunky soup. :)


No comments: